Friday, August 27, 2010

Updates

One of my more productive updates posts, I suppose:

1) I still haven't heard back about the job interview from a couple weeks ago.  I sent a followup email to the guy and left him a voicemail a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard anything.  I don't think this is a good sign.

2) Luckily, I have another job interview on Monday.  It's with a smaller firm and, again, it sounds pretty similar to what I do now, so I think I have a shot.

3) The "lawyer work" I'm doing required that I write an email summarizing my findings.  I'm not accustomed to putting this much thought into my job.

4) Just signed up for a new round of French.  I'm actually getting better!

5) I got through the first round of cuts for a job I applied for with the city.  At the end of September, I need to pick up a packet to do a research project and then there's an oral exam at the end of October.  Based on the projected salary, I'm WAY out of my league, but it never hurts to try.

6) Creepo recently got married and the unlucky lady is visiting our office today.  Oh my god, she just walked in!  Hang on...I will be damned.  She's not horribly unattractive.  He must be even richer than I had thought.  Ugh, they had a pregnancy scare and are seriously telling my boss about it.  I need to go be somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers