Thursday, September 30, 2010

Deja vu

While standing in line at the Daley Center today, I was positive that I heard the following conversation three times over the course of ten minutes.

Cashier: You're serving five people.
Frustrated guy: No, I'm serving three people.
Cashier: There are five people listed.
Frustrated guy: No, there are three people listed.
Cashier: Then, why do I see five names?
Frustrated guy: I have no idea.

After the third time hearing this, I thought that I was having some weird deja vu experience.  I must have been staring at the guy, because this conversation followed:

Frustrated guy: What?
Me: What?  Oh.  I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to stare.  I just thought I heard that exact conversation for the third time.  Deja vu.  Weird, huh?
Frustrated guy: No, that was actually the third time we've had that conversation.

Well, that explains why he was so frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers