Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Contemporary photography

The other day, I went to the Museum of Contemporary Photography.  It's right next to Spertus, so I could have done both in one day, but I've decided to spread things out just in case unemployment lasts longer than I'm expecting. 

I wasn't all that impressed by the museum, but I'm just not artsy enough to appreciate art exhibits.  There are actually a lot of photographs, which I guess is a good thing, but I finished looking at everything in about half an hour.

On the other hand, there were several artsy Columbia students looking around who seemed to be absolutely engrossed in the museum.  Most of them spent a good ten minutes staring at each photo and will probably need an entire day to get through the whole museum.  Yes, that seems very strange to me; but, maybe they know something I don't about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers