Friday, May 6, 2011

Military Library

Yesterday, I went to the Pritzker Military Library.  In my experience, most military history museums are old, dirty, dark and boring.  I don't know how it happens, but they always seem to end up in decrepit old buildings and they're usually full of crap donated by whatever local people happened to have been in a war.  I'm not saying anything against the military, I'm just saying that military museums/exhibits usually suck and suck hard.

With that in mind, I went to this library expecting the worst but I was totally surprised.  It's new, clean, bright and interesting.  Who would have thought?  Not this guy.

Even though it's right on Michigan Ave., you would never find the place unless you were specifically looking for it.  If you look closely at the picture, you can see where it is on the second floor.  When I got there, the librarians were super-friendly and kept asking me about how I found them.  I imagine that the four patrons in the library (including myself) constitute a busy day, which is a shame because it's a pretty cool place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers