Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Desperate measures

Since that medical device job won't be here until November (at the very earliest), I'm obviously continuing to apply for jobs.  For the past several months, I've been concentrating on jobs that either a) interested me, or b) I thought a law degree might help me get.  After 6-ish months of unemployment, panic has officially set in and I'm applying for a lot more desperation jobs.

For example, here's a list of a few of the jobs I've applied for today:
- Sales Associate at a department store
- Sales Associate at a gym
- Sales Associate at another gym
- Part-time Front Desk Clerk
- Loss Prevention Officer (translation: security guard)
- Guest Relations Associate at a museum
- Part-time Bank Teller
- Temporary Door/Luggage Attendant

No need to worry about me.  Applying for a job as a Luggage Attendant is exactly what I thought I'd be doing at this point in my life.  Just living the fucking dream over here.

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty tough to get those jobs now. The kiss of death is the BA/BS degree. The myth remains that anybody with education will bolt for one of those big money office jobs at their first chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me your resume: thenambypamby@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you submit a resume when you apply for a door attendant job?

    You might also try substitute teaching. It should pay ok for temp work and if nothing else you will have marvelous stories to recount.

    On the upside, maybe Namby can rescue you from the mire!

    ReplyDelete

Followers