For those of you still paying attention, here are the most recent updates:
1) My parents' financial adviser's brother is in medical sales and I have been in touch with him. He's a really nice guy and is going to give me the names of several recruiters and he is going to contact people he knows at other companies to see if they are hiring. Overall, that sounds pretty promising.
2) A buddy of mine is in sales and is friends on Linkedin with a guy who does recruiting for medical sales. I'm getting introduced to that recruiter so, hopefully, that sounds promising as well.
3) Both Christmas and my girlfriends birthday are quickly approaching. Thinking about trying to buy presents while unemployed is one of the most depressing thoughts I've had in a while.
4) I just finished reading In Search of Memory by Eric Kandel. Even though some of the science was over my head (not as much as you'd think, though), it was a pretty good book. It's a mix of autobiography and brain science and, it you're into that kind of stuff, I'd recommend the book.
5) I just stared reading Knowledge and Decisions by Thomas Sowell. Never let it be said that I don't read interesting books.
6) I'm at my parents' house and I can't figure out where my mom hid the extra Halloween candy and it's driving me crazy.