Thursday, November 3, 2011

Updates

For those of you still paying attention, here are the most recent updates:

1) My parents' financial adviser's brother is in medical sales and I have been in touch with him.  He's a really nice guy and is going to give me the names of several recruiters and he is going to contact people he knows at other companies to see if they are hiring.  Overall, that sounds pretty promising.

2) A buddy of mine is in sales and is friends on Linkedin with a guy who does recruiting for medical sales.  I'm getting introduced to that recruiter so, hopefully, that sounds promising as well.

3) Both Christmas and my girlfriends birthday are quickly approaching.  Thinking about trying to buy presents while unemployed is one of the most depressing thoughts I've had in a while.

4) I just finished reading In Search of Memory by Eric Kandel.  Even though some of the science was over my head (not as much as you'd think, though), it was a pretty good book.  It's a mix of autobiography and brain science and, it you're into that kind of stuff, I'd recommend the book. 

5) I just stared reading Knowledge and Decisions by Thomas Sowell.  Never let it be said that I don't read interesting books.

6) I'm at my parents' house and I can't figure out where my mom hid the extra Halloween candy and it's driving me crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Still reading, still pulling for you.

    If you like the memory stuff, you might check out The Art of Memory. It's a pretty interesting take on the powers of the mind. It's referenced a lot in Hannibal (Hannibal Lecter, not the Carthigian), which is a pretty cool easy fiction book b/c of the lifestyle stuff it describes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading The Art of Memory for the past year or so and I'm about 3/4 through. It's an interesting book, but I'm having trouble getting through all of it without taking breaks. It has a lot of history that I know nothing about, so I lose interest after a while. I'll finish it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Followers