Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mondays (even though it's Tuesday)

I found something else to add to my least favorites yesterday.  This is a conversation between me and Secretary 1's annoying friend:

Me: How's it going?
Annoying Friend: It's Monday

What the fuck kind of answer is that?  Is she trying to say that, because it's Monday, her day will inevitably suck?  That's bullshit.  Yeah, I'm going to have to spend my day at a job that I hate, but I'm not going to take that out on Monday.  If you're having a crappy day because you hate your job and you dread the start of your week, just say that.  Actually, don't even say that.  If you can't muster up at least a semi-optimistic answer to my question, don't bother talking to me.

You've probably realized by now that I'm not exactly overflowing with optimism, but some peoples' pessimism is too much even for me.  Seriously, there's no need to completely write off Mondays.  Personally, I rather like Mondays.  Yeah, I have to spend most of my day at a mindless job that is slowly but surely crushing my spirit, but it's not any worse than any other day.  Also, after work, I go have a beer and a $1 burger with my girlfriend and then watch House and Gossip Girl.  Overall, a pretty good day.

I know this next comment is completely out of character for this blog but, no matter what, I actually try to have one thing to look forward to each day.  That way I can wake up in the morning and, even though I have to go to work, tell myself it's going to be a good day.  And, you know what?  It usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers