Monday, December 14, 2009

xmas party in review

I peaked early.  I always have big plans to pace myself in order to last into the wee hours of the morning, and I usually pull it off.  Not this year.  I'm not really sure what did it to me, but something I drank just pushed me well over the edge of appropriate public intoxication and forced me to leave early.



I blame the second Manhattan during dinner.  But, then again, how could I say no?  Just look at that concoction.  All amber and inviting.  Tempting me with its...nevermind.  I suppose the first Manhattan is partially to blame for leading me to the second.  Perhaps the  gin and tonics before dinner are also at fault.  Along the same lines, maybe switching to double gin and tonics wasn't a good plan.  Ok, fine, trying an Old Fashioned for the first time wasn't one of my better ideas either.  And, now that you mention it, the ouzo shot my boss bought me towards the end of the night definitely helped tip me over the edge....

I guess what I'm saying is that there's just no way of telling why I peaked early.  It'll have to remain a mystery.  I just hope I don't repeat the mistake next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers