Friday, January 22, 2010

Post-holiday cheer

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but my job is basically evicting people from their homes for not paying rent.  It involves a lot of filling in blanks, making copies, and standing in line; but I technically do collections.

We had a pretty big lull throughout most of December and the beginning part of January.  Management companies don't really like to evict people over Christmas because, well, it's just bad karma.  That being said, I am now ri-fucking-diculously busy.  I mean, I am actually having trouble seeing my door with all of the files  currently stacked on my desk.  We are apparently past the holiday sympathy period and officially playing catch-up.

The moral of this post is this: If you live in Chicago, haven't paid rent in a while, and think your landlord forgot about you because nothing has happened, get ready to start hiding from process servers again and/or picking your shit up off the curb.  Evictions are back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers