Thursday, April 22, 2010

Job search updates

To be honest, nothing is new.  I'm just labeling this post "updates" to make myself feel better.  Regardless, here's what's going on:

1) New round of French class started up this week.  I keep hoping I'll meet some lawyer who would love to have me, and my basic French language skills, working at his firm.  Not likely, I know.  At the very least, I'll meet some new people who will spread the word that I need a job.  That's kind of how networking is supposed to work, right?

2) I'm considering another mass mailing.  Or, as the career counselors like to call it, a "targeted mailing."  Given that I was 0/50 the last time I tried this, I'm not getting my hopes up.

3) I signed back up with my undergrad job search website.  There are zero attorney positions listed, but at least I feel like I'm trying.

4) Attorney 4 is leaving in July, so I'm confident I'd get her job in August.  Two years ago, that was my worst case scenario; and it's still my worst case scenario.  I fucking hate this place and I may move back to my home town if this scenario actually plays out.

5) My French teacher actually just emailed me to say that he ran into a lawyer that he knows who would be willing to have lunch with me.  She doesn't think she'll be of much help, but at least it's someone new to talk to.  Again, this is how networking is supposed to work, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers