Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm early

A couple of years ago, after I realized that it made zero difference if I stayed at work late or came in early, I started coming in at 9:00am-ish and leaving right at 5:00pm.  Don't get the wrong idea - all of my work still gets done.  I just don't feel the need to putz around at work until 5:30pm if all of my work can be finished by 5:00pm.

Today, however, I actually have a ton of stuff to do.  Apparently not so much that I can't take five minutes to write a blog post, but a ton of stuff none the less.  So, I came in at 8:30am to get a jump on things.

You would think that I was a new attraction at a zoo.  Literally everyone in my office crowded around to marvel at the fact that I was in the office at 8:30am.  Don't worry, guys.  I'll be out at 5:00pm on the dot.  I don't want to shock everyone too much in one day.

In other news, I have another job interview on Monday.  As usual, fingers crossed...

1 comment:

  1. If people really analyzed what they did at work, most people would work shorter days. I wonder if you'll get extra points for showing up at 8:30 once, as opposed to the folks who show up every day at 8:30 so who cares!

    Good luck on Monday

    ReplyDelete

Followers