Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Surgery Museum


Yesterday, I went to the International Museum of Surgical Science.  It was pretty interesting, but extremely creepy.  Seriously, I would not recommend this place for kids unless you're taking them on Halloween as some sort of sick haunted house adventure.  Even then, maybe think twice about it.

That being said, it was legitimately interesting.  I particularly liked the old surgical instruments.  It's not every day that you get to see old blood-letting instruments or an amputation saw.  FYI, the amputation saw will definitely make you cringe.

I went on their free day, but there are two more floors containing a special exhibit on "Our Body" that I would have had to pay to see.  Even though I wanted to see it, I'm in no position to be paying $20 every day to see special museum exhibits.  I don't think unemployment provides a museum budget for dorks like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers