1) A friend of my dad works for a company that manufactures medical devises. He said they're trying to hire recent college grads for some entry level positions and that he'll set up an interview for me. So far, this is my most promising job prospect.
2) Last week, I went to the opening of an art exhibit with my parents where my dad introduced me to the general counsel for an Illinois medical association. Even though I don't actually want legal work, I forwarded my resume to the guy.
3) A friend of mine gave me a list of companies that do focus groups. I guess you just show up for a couple of hours, answer some survey questions and they pay you. This clearly isn't a permanent solution, but I could use a way to make some quick cash.
4) My idea for part-time work isn't panning out. The girl in my French class who said her hotel is looking for doormen hasn't been in class for the past month now. That's making it awfully hard for me to beg for a job.
5) I've got a pretty big backlog of places I've visited over the past couple weeks. I just haven't had the motivation to blog about a lot of it. I'm starting to run out of ideas for places to visit, so suggestions are always helpful.