Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All is forgiven

I think I've mentioned that my girlfriend is moving in with me.  Over the past few weeks, I've been spreading the news around my family and the reactions were pretty much what I expected.  By that, I mean that just about everyone was cool with it, but my godmother and my grandmother were PISSED.  Pissed to the point that there is a very real possibility that two spots just opened up at any future wedding.

This past weekend, I spent three days hanging out with my mom because my dad is gone on a trip for ten days.  Yesterday, I called my grandmother and, even though she is probably my biggest fan, her reaction to me spending time with my mom went a little overboard.  Here's a brief, non-exaggerated, excerpt from our conversation:

Grandmother: I heard what you did for your mother!  D, you're such an angel!!  You're just such an ANGEL!!
Me: It's really not that big of a deal, grandma. 
Grandmother: Don't you say that!  Not everyone would do that kind of thing for their mother!

I think it's safe to say I'm back on my grandmother's good side.  That, and my dad must have set the bar really low in terms of doing things for one's mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers