Monday, August 1, 2011

A touch of class

Over the weekend, I was back in my home town visiting my folks for my sisters birthday.  Honestly, I don't come from a hick town, but we do have our fair share of interesting people.

You know how, when you get rid of a piece of furniture, you can put it on your curb and it will disappear?  I don't know how it disappears, but it always does.  Maybe homeless people pick it up, maybe college students take it, maybe the garbage men throw it away...I don't know how it happens and I don't really care.  As long as you're familiar with the general process, you'll get why this is a weird story.

We drove by a house with a couch set out on it's curb.  100% normal, right?  But, as we're driving by, we notice that it's not just a give-away couch.  There are actually four people sitting on it, drinking beer.

This got me thinking.  What if some of that furniture I see on curbs isn't just to be given away?  What if it's some sort of white-trash patio furniture?  Do the people who take the furniture know about this?  If this couch get's taken, would that be considered stealing?  Do I have way to much time to think about stupid stuff when I don't have a job?

Yes.  The answer to the last question is, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers