Friday, July 29, 2011

Focus groups

A while back, I mentioned that I had signed up with a bunch of organizations that do focus groups.  A buddy of mine told me that I they're quick money and that, since I'm unemployed, I'd have time to do a lot of them.  Since I signed up, I haven't been selected for a single focus group.  I must be somewhat slow, because it took until this week for me to figure out why.

Every one of these focus groups sends out a screening questionnaire to see if you qualify.  Each time, they find out that I'm a 28 year old male with a graduate degree and an average household income of less than $30k/year who hasn't bought anything new for himself in about six years.  No wonder they don't want me to be part of their group.

I tell my buddy about this and he says that his latest survey thinks that he makes $75k/year, has a house full of fancy electronics and that he just bought a new car.  Based on the beat up used car I see him driving around and the circa 2001 cell phone he has clipped to his hip, I think it's safe to say he's not telling the truth.

The moral of this story?  Telling the truth gets you absolutely nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers