Saturday, March 10, 2012

Updates

I haven't posted any updates in a while, but there have been some goings on lately.

1) Last week, a guy I was trying to sell to was really impressed by me and asked me to interview for a job selling logistics with his company.  I went on the interview but didn't get the job.  Given how the interview came about, you might be thinking that I royally fucked up the interview.  You would be correct.  I'll go into details in a seperate post.

2) I reconnected with a medical sales rep I was talking to a few months ago and he gave me a list of recruiters who I can use.  It's not too promising, but it's better than nothing.

3) This guy my dad knows is starting up the U.S. branch of a medical device company.  He doesn't need any reps yet, but he will in the future and says that he'll keep me in mind.

4) That same guy has a lot of connections in Chicago and thinks that one of them might be hiring immediately.  This is probably my best prospect at the moment, so I'm really hoping something comes of it.

5) A girl I'm in French class with just started working in the sales division for a pretty big company.  She forwarded me an internal job posting for an entry-level sales job which she thinks I can get. 

6) The brother of a lawyer my girlfriend used to work with is in sales and has been helping me tailor my resume towards sales positions.  He has actually been pretty helpful and I'm feeling good about my resume right now.

7) Since I've been looking for jobs a lot recently, my sales have dropped off significantly.  I'm absolutely hemorrhaging money right now, so I'm going to need to seriously pick things up again this week or hope a new job falls in my lap as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked/been terrified of the expression "hemorrhaging money."

    ReplyDelete

Followers