Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thanks, dick

Here's my latest rejection email: "Looking for 2-3 years experience. Thank you."

Thanks, dick.  Who the fuck taught this guy how to write an email, some kid on the short bus?  If I go through all the trouble of sending a resume and cover letter someplace, I think the least they could do is give me a better rejection email than that.  You know, ease me in to the rejection with the standard, "while we appreciate your interest."  After you crush my dreams, end with an upbeat, "good luck in your search."  Maybe, just maybe, start it with "Dear D." 

I'm tempted to reply, but I'm not sure with what yet.  My sister suggested that I create a new email account, log on from the Harold Washington Library, and reply with, "I hope your office building blows up."  Can you tell we're related?

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what wigs me out. It sometimes takes me 30 to 45 minutes to come up with the perfect cover letter. Everyone knows that sending a form cover letter is wrong, but employers either respond as the retard above did or don't even bother to respond. I understand that my time is WORTHLESS as I'm unemployed, but where is the equity??? I would have responded I think. "That's okay. I was looking for a place that exercises professional courtesy and, clearly, your company doesn't. "

    ReplyDelete

Followers