Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gym rage

I'm a stickler for gym etiquette.  It's actually very important to me that the weights are re-racked, machines are wiped down, personal space is respected, and a litany of other things that I don't have time to go into right now.  If gym etiquette isn't followed, situations like this arise.

Some people at my condo gym are incapable of re-racking their weights after using our only barbell.  The time I have to spend cleaning up after them bothers me, but not as much as the fact that our bar has become warped as a result of their negligence.  Now, whenever I do a lift, I have to make sure the bar is turned the correct way so that it doesn't flip over and roll out of my hands.  This absolutely infuriates me. 

Ok, that was all back-story.  Recently I've noticed that 125 pounds have been consistently left on the bar.  To me, that indicates that the same dick is always leaving weights on the bar, and that Nancy can only bench 125 pounds.  I've been working myself into a frenzy over this for the past several weeks, just waiting to meet this pencil-neck to give him a piece of my mind.

This morning I was lifting at a new time and just happened to notice that some guy looked like he had just finished benching 125 pounds.  Could this be my guy?  Did I catch him red-handed using the bar and leaving the weights?  Unfortunately I never actually saw him using the bar and I needed to use it so I unloaded the weights while he was still there, but now I'm on a fucking mission.  Next Tuesday I'll be camped out at my gym early just waiting to see what this guy does.  I've got my eye on you, Fucko.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers