I've mentioned the fact that I'm torn as to whether or not I should do my CLE credit before it's due on June 30th, or just consider that my deadline for giving up on law. Well, my dad convinced me that "Better safe than sorry" is a better way of handling the situation than "Fuck you all. I'm out."
I went though a pretty long phase of doing the opposite of everything my dad suggested, but, as it turns out, he's usually right about stuff. For instance, he hates lawyers and was not a huge fan of me going to law school. Smart guy.
Anyway, the only thing left to do is find the cheapest and easiest way to get CLE credit. I need 20 hours of normal credit + 4 hours of professional responsibility. I have a few different options:
1) Go to 24 hours worth of meetings and/or classes.
- Ahahaha, sorry, that wasn't a serious suggestion.
2) Buy a dvd set.
- It's pretty pricey, but I can knock out all of my CLE credit with one set.
3) Buy an online bundle.
- Less expensive than a dvd set, but I'm a little worried they have a way of checking that I've actually watched the material. Don't want that.
4) Renew my CBA membership and rent a series of videos from their library?
- I actually can't figure out how this works. If any of my readers are from the Chicago area and know how this works, I'd love some input.