Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm a people pleaser

During a recent conversation with Attorney 2, I told him that I had been talking with my parents and they convinced me that it was a good idea to stick it out as a lawyer for a year before giving up on the profession (provided I can find a job, that is).  His response was to tell me that I've obviously spend a lot of my life trying to please my parents and, while there's nothing wrong with that, I should try to "figure out what Nick wants to do."

So, to please my parents, I chose to be an average student in high school, major in philosophy in college and then become a lawyer.  That sounds like the perfect way to please two doctors.  I can't think of anything they would want more...

Conversations like this are why I think my boss is slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers