Friday, May 21, 2010

Old guy update

Remember that old guy I mentioned in an earlier post?  Well, I'm meeting with him in person next week.  Just to give you a taste of what this meeting is going to be like, here's a brief excerpt from today's conversation:

Dr.: Sorry I haven't had time to talk with you.  I've been in Washington meeting with the President because I'm on the board at the Chamber of Commerce.
Me: Not a problem.
Dr.: Would you be able to meet on Tuesday?
Me: Yes, though I would prefer to do a different day, if at all possible.  If not, it's not a big deal.
Dr.: Let me check my calender...I could do Wednesday.  Wait, no, I'm meeting with a Nobel Prize winner at the University of Chicago that day.  I think I Tuesday is best for me.
Me: Ok, that's perfect.  What have I gotten myself into?

My parents know some interesting people.  And, again, I believe this is how networking is supposed to work, right?  Nobody can ever say I don't have a job for lack of trying.

On an unrelated note, my office is so humid my paperwork actually feels moist to the touch.  It's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers