Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slow day

Things are slow.  Suspiciously slow.  Normally (as in, before Attorney 6 started), I have a pretty solid amount of work in front of me.  However, for about the past week now, my job has slowed nearly to a stop.

I'd like to think that Attorney 6 is just so on top of things that he's able to do his job and my job in less time than Attorney 4 and I could together; but, I don't think that's the case.  My hunch* is that there's a lot of stuff building up which he's not aware of and the shit is going to hit the fan in a couple of weeks.

I could bring this to someone's attention, but I don't want to overstep my bounds.  I am just a law clerk after all.  It's probably better to just kick back and watch how things play out.

*By "hunch," I mean I've already looked around and there's a bunch of stuff that hasn't been done.

4 comments:

  1. Time for a coup methinks. Make a big, fat list of his failures and then present it to The Man as if you're the world's biggest hero. Or better yet, do it with each item at the very last second.

    20 minutes before deposition: (dramatic run in) Sir! Sir! I JUST realized (Imcompetent) Attorney 6 didn't take care of X for you. Here you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they didn't want to hire you as an attorney. Is it because you went to a law school so shitty they are embarrassed to claim you as part of their firm? Is it because you are a moron? Is it because you are an asshole? Or is it because you are a terrible, terrible employee?

    We may never know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, mean anonymous commenter, that's pretty harsh even for you. Rough day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my blog were anonymous so I could say what I really think about people. I would hope that people would realize that it's freeing and not judge me all the time for hyperbole, comedy, and honesty.

    ReplyDelete

Followers