Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Overheard

I was at the Daley Center this morning picking up extra stuff from our trial yesterday.  While trying to use the freight elevator (which, yesterday, they told me I had to use), I got in an argument with the lady operating the elevator over whether I had a permit to use the elevator and whether they'd even let me out of the building with all of the crap I was carting around. 

I know better than to think I'm going to win an argument with a random Daley Center worker, so I decided to let it go, use the regular elevators and hope for the best; but, not without first going on a lengthy rant to myself about how "I just can't win at this place" and that "I can't believe I have to deal with this bullshit every fucking day."

As I turn to leave the freight elevator room, I run into a court clerk who was standing on the other side of the door, laughing his ass off, having listened to my entire rant. 

If nothing else, at least I'm entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers