Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bringing it back

About a year ago, Attorney 2 decided to give himself a nickname and, for a couple of weeks, insisted that we refer to him by his new nickname.  Granted, he was sort of joking around about the whole thing, but the effect was the same as if he had actually given himself a nickname - - he came across as the biggest tool imaginable.

For those weeks, I openly embraced the new nickname.  It was the perfect, really.  He genuinely thought that I was kissing his ass by playing along with his new game.  When, in reality, I was openly making fun of the fact that he's a giant tool.

Unfortunately, Business Manager understood what was going on and repeatedly requested that I stop.  Eventually, I had to give in.

Earlier this week, Attorney 2 mentioned that nobody had called him by his nickname in a long time.  If that's not a sign to bring back the nickname, I don't know what is!  I've only been chided by Business Manager once so far, so I think I've got at least another week of fun before I have to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers