I know I just did an updates post, but a couple of new things have happened over the past few days.
1) I have an interview tomorrow. It's at a foreclosure defense firm that looks kind of gimmicky and is really far away from my apartment. Still, I'd love to have this job.
2) I have a lot of new kung fu students. One of them is a med mal mediator or arbitrator or something like that. He isn't a lawyer himself, but he works with a lot of lawyers and offered to forward my resume around.
3) My dad was recently a witness in an administrative hearing. I went to watch the proceedings and talked to the lawyers for a bit. Nothing really came out of it, but I figure any exposure is good exposure.
4) I started my winter workout schedule. It involves more heavy lifting than my summer workouts. I'm trying Wendler's 5-3-1 program. I'll let you know how it goes.
5) I am officially applying to downstate jobs.
If nothing else, I think that I've gotten a lot better at networking. Through my various classes and activities I meet a lot of random people and they all have copies of my resume with instructions to distribute it at will. When I get to a point where I'm looking for clients, I think I'll be a business generating machine.