Monday, November 15, 2010

Lame duck

Wow, this is going to be a boring last couple of weeks.  Not that I was ever given anything interesting to begin with, but I'm getting even less now that I'm leaving.  I have a few menial tasks to do and I'm going to have to train the new clerk eventually, but that's about it.  So, I'm looking for alternate ways to pass my time.  Here's what I've been doing today:

1) Interviewing new clerks.  My boss is having me do most of the interview, which is entertaining.  Since I really want a Christmas bonus, I'm not badmouthing the firm at all, but it's tempting.  By the way, if there are any law students reading my blog, your resume sucks.  Go get help.

2) Planning a vacation with my girlfriend.  Watch out Puerto Rico, here we come.  (It's on the blog, so I can't back out now)

3) Looking up new blog layouts.

4) Taking legal documents.  I'll be damned if I don't leave this job with samples of every legal document we've ever prepared.

5) Looking up clothes.  I've been wearing pretty much the same thing since I started working here.  New job = new wardrobe.  Going suit shopping tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely take legal documents.

    Every lawyer or other professional should have a zip drive on his key chain and take docs from the server.

    Part of our litigation knowledge is the documents that we file.

    Also write down case numbers of representative cases of your firm. If you can't copy all of the docs, you can go to the Daley center and copy them from the court files; though this is expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Followers