Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New guy

I guess the new clerk starts tomorrow.  Attorney 2 requested that I devise some sort of a schedule of activities and a general game-plan on how I'm going to teach him everything.  Not to demean this job, but....no, wait, that's exactly what I want to do.  As long as this clerk doesn't have a habit of eating paste and/or running with scissors, I probably don't need a "game-plan" to train him.

He's supposed to show up tomorrow at 9am.  If he's anything like your average law student, that means he'll be here around 8:45am.  I kind of want to call and tell him not to do that unless he really wants to be waiting around for the next 20 minutes for me to show up.

Also, a week is way more than I need to train this guy.  I can't imagine how boring and awkward this is going to be. 

3 comments:

  1. How do you expect people to respect what you do when you don't even respect what you do?

    Your attitude has caused you to waste three years of your life as a law clerk. If you had at least shown more dedication to your profession and perhaps showed your boss that you actually gave a crap about what it is the firm does they would have promoted you to attorney and you could have gotten that all important experience.

    But then again, when you are so much smarter than your boss, co-workers, clients, and county workers, how could this possibly be your life, right?

    BTW, I love your blog, your writing style is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would train him how to use ctrl-tab to switch between browsers so he can keep up a blog while at work, pass that torch along!

    ReplyDelete

Followers