Thursday, November 18, 2010

Entertaining conversation

Last night, my dad took me to a big event at a fancy club he's a member of in Chicago.  Overall, the event was awesome and made me realize how networking is done.  Seriously, these fancy clubs make all of those stupid CBA events look like child's-play.  But, regardless of how many rich big-shots you're hanging out with, you've got to keep a few idiots around to keep things entertaining.

Here's a conversation I overheard in the restroom.  One guy is washing his tie in the sink, the other guy is giving commentary while using the urinal.  They do not know each other.  They are both drunk.

Sink Guy: I don't know how I got this much sauce on my tie!
Urinal Guy: No, no, no, no.  You don't want to wash that in the sink.
Sink Guy: I have to.  Look at that sauce!
Urinal Guy: (Looks over) No, no, no, no.  I can tell that's a nice tie, man.  Man, you don't wash a nice tie in the sink.
Sink Guy: Well, where should I wash it?  I've gotta use the sink.
Urinal Guy: No, no, no, no.  You dry clean nice ties.  That's a nice tie, man.  I can tell.  Look at that fabric.  Dry clean that tie, man.
Me: You think this is an appropriate time for this conversation?  Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers