Friday, November 19, 2010

Training

I'm spending a lot of my time training the new guy and I like to think that I have an excellent training style.  I pretty much just lounge in my chair, explain what he's supposed to be doing, and then kick back and watch.  It's really not a bad way to spend my last few days of work.

In all seriousness, I'm trying to do a pretty good job of training this guy.  Even though I look way too relaxed, I'm showing him how things are done, explaining why we do what we do, and typing up general instructions in case he forgets. 

You might be wondering why I'm trying to do such a good job of training him, given the disdain I have for my current firm.  Two words - Christmas bonus.  I'm going to be so pissed if I don't get mine.

Also, despite the amount of shit I talk about this job, now that I'm actually having to explain it, I'm starting to realize that I actually do know a lot of random information.  Just not a lot of transferable and/or marketable information.

2 comments:

  1. Is your replacement also a recent law grad? What school? Is he trying to get a law position himself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's currently a law student at one of the schools in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

Followers