Friday, March 4, 2011

Unemployment: Day 3

As I mentioned in the comments, I suck at being unemployed.  Normally, I like to have a very structured day where I'm occupied between the hours of 8am and 8pm.  Between work and my various hobbies, I can usually accomplish that pretty easily.  I know that's weird, but it's what I do.

Right now, filling up my days is a bit of a struggle.  I'm sure the fact that I'm still waking up at 6am doesn't help, but there's a lot of time to fill.  I don't want to fall back into my college habits of playing video games and drinking constantly, so I've been looking for jobs, working out a lot and cleaning compulsively. 

Today, I'm cleaning the inside of my appliances.  As long as my self-cleaning oven doesn't smoke me out of my apartment, I'll count it as a productive day.  It could go either way right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you probably considered this, but would it be possible to go back to your old law clerk job? I understand you weren't the biggest fan of that job, but at a minimum, you seemed to be able to tolerate it pretty well. It's a steady pay check, and quite frankly, being a lawyer can be overrated.

    Could you go back and tell them you now realize how much you enjoyed working for them and you are committed to that firm?

    ReplyDelete

Followers