Monday, May 16, 2011

Musuem of Contemporary Art

In case you haven't noticed, I don't really appreciate a lot of artsy stuff.  The Museum of Contemporary Art was no exception.

When I look at a piece of art, I want to know what I'm looking at and I want the artwork to clearly demonstrate some sort of artistic ability.  Yes, I'm that guy. 

At the MCA, I can't help but think that my time is being wasted as I'm looking at some weird rendition of a Ren and Stimpy character being passed off as art:

Or, when the artwork is just a fucking keyhole with a nature scene when you look through it:
Or, when I'm looking at some sort of multi-colored nonsense:
Ok, fine, that last one is pretty cool.  But, you can still find the exact same thing on a black-light poster in your stoner friend's apartment.  Call me closed-minded, but this stuff is for hippies and I'd rather be at the Art Institute any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers