1) I printed out fake business cards for myself. Now, all of the randoms I meet visiting museums in the middle of the day will receive a card from "D, Esq." As long as they don't actually want me to perform any legal services, I should be in good shape.
2) A friend I work out with is a paralegal at a pretty good sized firm. One of the lawyers at the firm just left and they're looking for a replacement. He gave the partner my resume and said that I should expect a call.
3) A couple of days ago, I went to a fancy event at a club where my dad is a member. While I was there, I was at a table with a bunch of lawyers. One of them works at a firm that does med-mal defense and, once he heard that I'm interested in the area and my folks are both doctors, he asked me to send him my resume.
4) I'm back in my hometown again this weekend. The small town where my dad has been working recently is having a gala event and my dad wanted me to go. I tried to get out of it, but I don't have any good excuses at the moment. All my dad had to do say was, "What else are you doing? Do you have big, unemployed plans the next day? Didn't think so." Anyway, maybe I'll have a chance to pass out more of my fake business cards.
5) I'm still going one new place each day, but I just haven't had a chance to blog about it. Maybe I'll get back up to speed this weekend.