Friday, February 10, 2012

Some people like me

Fact: Most lawyers are dicks.  The other day, however, I had a conversation with a really nice lawyer.

Lawyer: Are you just going door to door?
Me: Yep.
Lawyer: I've got a lot of respect for that.  
Me: Really?  Thanks.
Lawyer: It takes a lot of balls to generate business that way.  I actually started my practice 20 years ago by going door to door and asking other lawyers for their overflow.  
Me: Wow.  I actually used to be a lawyer.  I'm kind of doing things backwards.
Lawyer: Well, good luck.  Not a lot of people can do what you're doing and it will serve you well in the future, regardless of what you end up doing.

I pretty much get that response from anyone who has ever done door-to-door sales.  It's always nice to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers