Monday, October 19, 2009

Clean it with Febreze

I was watching a Febreze commercial over the weekend and its tag-line was, "Clean it with Febreze."   Before I go any further, if you're a person who "cleans" things with Febreze, pay close attention to the next paragraph because your place is disgusting stop reading now so that I don't offend you.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Febreze doesn't actually make anything cleaner.  Does it take away odors?  Yes.  Does that make anything cleaner?  No.  As someone who has been in apartments that have been "cleaned" with Febreze, I can assure you there is a big difference.

Say, hypothetically, that your dog pees on your carpet.  The correct response is to break out some heavy duty cleaner and scrub the hell out of that stain until it's clean.  The incorrect response is to squirt Febreze on it.  That just temporarily masks the smell of dog piss on your carpet - and that's disgusting.

2 comments:

Followers