Friday, October 16, 2009

How to walk with kids

Let me start out by saying that I actually do like kids.  They're generally happy, fun, energetic, and easily entertained (as long as you don't actually live with one).  However, I hate their parents.  I know, I'm not a parent and I don't know what it's like so I shouldn't tell them how to raise their kids.  Whatever.  I'm also not a NASCAR driver, but when they run into the wall, I can tell they've done something wrong.

As a parent, I believe that you have accepted the responsibility of making sure that your child isn't a pain in the ass for other people.  If they're a pain in the ass for you, great; that's part of your job.  However, if they're a pain in the ass for me, we have a problem.

As I was walking to work this morning, there was a big clog of people slowing down all of the rush hour foot-traffic.  What was the problem?  Some guy walking with his four year old son, at his son's pace.  The way I see it, if you're going to walk with your son during a busy time, you have three options: 1) Put him in a stroller; 2) Carry him; or 3) Drag him until his tiny legs are carrying him as fast as they possibly can.  It's your call.

1 comment:

  1. fyi if you ever decide to become a Nascar driver...Hidden Valley would love to sponsor you!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers