Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Days of the week

Here's a list of the days of the week in order of how depressing I find them.*  "1" being most depressing, and "7" being least depressing.

7) Saturday - There's nothing bad about Saturdays.  It's blissfully insulated from the rest of my week by Friday night and all of Sunday.
6) Monday - Mondays really aren't that bad.  Yeah, a new week starts, but that happens every week.  It's not really worth complaining about.  I imagine I have plenty of new weeks to look forward to, so I may as well get used to it.
5) Wednesday - I suppose, in the grand scheme of things, Wednesdays aren't that bad.  I've settled into my work week, I get to go to work out, and, sometimes, I let myself drink.
4) Tuesday - Tuesday is when I remember how much my job blows.  This is the day when I start giving myself pep-talks in the elevator on my way to work, and punching the elevator wall on my way back home.  But, I do have French class to look forward to.  It's not much, but it's something.
3) Thursday - Not only do I have to work, but I have to teach kung fu.  Teaching is a waste of my time.  I don't get to work out and I'm obligated to stay the whole time.  I'm way too self-centered to deal well with that.
2) Friday - Friday brings the overwhelming depression of having wasted another week of my life in a dead end job which is doing absolutely nothing for me.  If I ever punch my boss, it's going to be on a Friday.
1) Sunday - Fuck Sundays.  Particularly Sunday nights.  Not only have I wasted another week, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm about to waste another one.  Also, I have to do laundry.  I hate doing laundry.

*Please note, I am not taking into consideration which days I see my girlfriend.  Were I to see her, that particular day would, of course, become the best day of my week.  (See how I did that?  Smooth, aren't I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers