Monday, July 12, 2010

On the bright side

Sometime, I have to take a minute to look at the bright side of things.  It gets harder every day, but here's my attempt at putting a positive spin on my job search and life in general.

1) I just sent out about 120 resumes.  With any luck, one of those firms will actually call me back.  Yeah, I've already gotten a lot of rejections, but some of them were very nice about it.  I feel good about my prospects.
2) Per Gus' suggestion, I'm about to add PI firms to my list.  That will include a lot more firms and, hopefully, dramatically improve my chances of getting a job.
3) Attorney 2 still says he's going to find some actual lawyer work for me to do.  Granted, I've been reminding him about this for a long time now and I've seen nothing come of it, but he still says he's going to do it.  Maybe it'll actually happen one of these days.
4) Attorney 6 is still being trained, so he's doing most of the stuff I usually do.  That leaves me with plenty of time to send out my resume while at work.
5) I only work 9-5, so I have plenty of free time to pursue my other interests.  I'm making the best of that while it lasts.
6) Our main database program crashed this morning and has thrown everyone who cares into a absolute frenzy.  Man, this is fun to watch.
7) My resume does look pretty nice now that I'm calling myself an attorney.  Granted, I'm not sure Attorney 2 will be cool with what I've done, but, if I have to cope with getting passed over for a job, he's going to have to cope with me taking some creative liberties regarding my position in this firm.

I know, that was a little forced.  You work with what you've got.

3 comments:

  1. "Attorney 6 is still being trained, so he's doing most of the stuff I usually do. That leaves me with plenty of time to send out my resume while at work."

    I'm sure you realize where this is going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous brings up a valid point. Time to shank the newbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's intimidated enough by me that shanking probably won't be necessary. Probably...

    ReplyDelete

Followers